April 30, 2017
Plan your move
The equipment needed to make your moving boxes
- The boxes: Take the time to choose each type of Cardboard Box Singapore corresponding to each object to be packed.
- Adhesive tape is essential for sealing boxes. Choose it always according to the things to pack.
- Bubble wrap or Shrink Wrap in Singapore is necessary for objects of great fragility. It protects your items from scratches. It absorbs shock better than a common wrapping paper.
- A marker to write on the boxes, in order to better identify the objects to the packaging as to the unpacking.
- Some linen to coat fragile objects such as towels and duvets. If you cover the objects, do not forget to write it on the box to avoid any unpleasant surprise when unpacking.
- A pair of scissors is very useful for packaging and unpacking.
- Stretch film: used to stabilize boxes and furniture. It can be used to pack pallets.
- It is also necessary: willpower, vigilance, delicacy, endurance, enthusiasm, hands and time.
Where to find the equipment needed for the move?
Several options are available:
New moving equipment
If you are moving from city, you can find specialized stores selling boxes. You can also buy the necessary equipment on websites of movers. The equipment can be delivered to you quickly. This option is very useful because you will find boxes that are practical, adapted and easy to assemble.
Used moving equipment
You can use moving boxes already used by people you know. Alternatively, you can ask for boxes at the local grocery store or the SAQ. Several shops have different models of boxes and it is a pleasure for them to be able to recover them by giving them. This allows you to save on your moving expenses.
One thing you often forget: time!
Time is an important factor in the move. We move one day, we pack several days. It is therefore necessary to prepare your move in advance. As soon as you know you have to move, start boxing the items that will not serve you by then. This will allow you not to feel overwhelmed by the task and live a move without too much stress on D-Day.
A precondition not to circumvent: the sorting of affairs
When sorting, you always find something to give, sell or send for recovery. This is necessary to avoid carrying unnecessary things. You will feel lighter and can not only move more simply, but your move in will also be greatly facilitated.
Packaging techniques: what and how?
Glassware, porcelain and ceramics can be packed in newsprint. When they are hyper delicate, pack them one by one or two by two by superimposing them. The whole must go in a large and well identified box with the mention “FRAGILE”.Close boxes and tape from top to bottom, then left to right. Place labels on each box. Write down what it contains and the room where the objects it contains must be placed. This will simplify the layout and save you time.